Skip to content
SARS virus : Transmission, Virology, Symptoms and Treatment
SARS virus :-
- SARS virus (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) is viral respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus called SARS associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV).
Introduction of SARS virus :-
- SARS coronvirus cause severe acute respiratory syndrome.
- Family of SARS coronvirus is belongs to Coronaviridae and subfamily of this virus is corona virinae.
- Genus of SARS coronvirus is belongs to the Betacoronavirus.
- There are three main group of coronvirus was identified.
Virology of SARS virus :-
- SARS coronavirus is a one type of positive and single stranded RNA virus.
- Genome size of this virus is 27.9kb and this size largest among RNA virus.
- SARS coronavirus have 13 genes and 14 proteins.
- The function of these proteins is known as ORFs 1a and 1b bind with replicase.
- In this virus four major structural proteins are present such as nucleocapsid, spike, membranes and envelope.
Morphology of SARS virus :-
- The characteristics of SARS coronavirus is character of the coronavirus family as a whole.
- SARS coronavirus have large pleomorphic spherical particles with bulbous surface projections that make a corona around particles.
- The envelope of the SARS coronavirus consist lipid and occurs to contain of a distinct pair of electron dense cells.
- Internal structure of SARS coronavirus shell is single stranded helical ribonucleoprotin.
- There are also long surface prediction that extend from the lipid envelope.
- The size of particles are 80 to 85 nm.
Transmission or infection :-
- Is known to transmitted mammals & birds mainly control in human.
- And cultivated animals primarly transmit upper respiratory system in mammals and gastrointestion tract of birds.
- SARS coronvirus formed a significant precen of the human cold.
- Normal symptoms of SARS infection are fever, dry cough, headache, muscle ache and difficulty in breathing.
- Pain in muscles.
- Coughing, infection and headache.
- Respiratory distress.
- We can diagnosis SARS disease by using of polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
- Polymerase chain reaction is able to detect genetic material.
- We can also diagnosis by using of serological testing and viral culture.
- In serological testing in we used antibodies for the detection.
- Perfect treatment of SARS disease can not found.
- In treatment, required intensive care and observation.
- We can control this disease in starting phase by using of such as:
- Broad spectrum antibiotics and antiviral agents.
- Immunomodulatory therapy.