Skip to content
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) :- Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) :-
- Rheumatoid arthritis is one type of auto-immune disease that can normally damage to joints.
Introduction of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) :-
- RA is firstly recognized by French physician Augustin Jacob Landre Boauvais in 1800.
- The name of this disease is given by british rheumatologist Dr. Alferd Garrod in 1859.
- Normally arthritis comes in age of 20 to 60.
- In this disease patients have low red blood cells (RBCs) count, inflammation around the lungs and heart.
Symptoms or signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) :-
- Arthritis is one type of chronic disease and its symptoms marked by inflammation and joint pain.
- Signs of arthritis disease appear during periods its known as Flares.
- In symptoms of arthritis we include such as :
- Joint pain
- Joint swelling
- Joint stiffness
- Loss of joint function
- Sometimes low fever and low energy level in the human body.
Diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) :-
- Diagnosis of this disorder take long time and may need multiple laboratory test to clinical examination findings.
- In diagnosis of arthritis doctors are used various types of techniques.
- By using of ultra-sonography.
- By X-ray examination.
- By Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- There are different types of blood testing techniques are used in the diagnosis of arthritis.
Rheumatoid factor test :-
- In this blood test we detects for the protein its called rheumatoid factor.
- Normally high levels of rheumatoid factors are connected with various autoimmune disease such as : Rheumatoid Arthritis(RA).
Antinuclear antibody test :-
- This test is normally detect to our immune system and check immune system producing antibodies.
- Normally immune system can produce antibodies as a response to various types of condition including Rheumatoid Arthritis(RA).
Erythrocyte sedimentation rate :-
- This test is require in identification the degree of inflammation in human body.
Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis :-
- There is no cure of this auto-immune disease.
- But we can control this disease by using of the some treatments.
- By using of different medications and remedies.
- By changing of dietry.
- Particular type of exercise.
- We can also control by using of pain medications, steroids and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Using of anti-rheumatic drugs.