Skip to content
Hemophilia :- Introduction, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Hemophilia is one type of inherited bleeding disorder and In this disorder person has low levels of certain proteins are called as clotting factor.
Introduction of hemophilia :-
- In clotting blood doesn’t clot properly.
- Blood clotting leads to the excessive bleeding.
- There are 13 types of blood clotting factors and these all clotting factors are work with platelets to help blood clotting.
- Hemophilia is firstly recognized by Dr. Schonelin and his student Friedrich Hopff in 1878.
- And then Argentinian physician Alferdo pavlosky identified two type of hemophilia-A and B.
- In these two type A most common type in this disorder.
- Normally type A is caused by blood clotting factor 8.
- Type B is also known as Christmas disease and its caused by deficiency factor 9.
- In this disorder symptoms of spontaneous bleedings are appear.
- Blood comes in the urine and blood comes also in the stool.
- Deep brusies, large and unexplained burises.
- Excessive bleeding and bleeding gums.
- Frequently blood comes into nose.
- Pain in the joints.
- Joints are tightly bound in this disorder.
- Irriability in childrens.
- There are different types of blood test are used in the diagnosis of this disorder.
- In blood test doctors are take blood sample and measure amount of blood clotting factor present.
- Then the blood sample graded to identify the severity of the factor deficiency.
- In this process mild disorder is indicating by a clotting factor in the plasma membrane that’s between 5 to 40%.
- Moderate hemophilia is indicating by a clotting factor in the plasma membrane that’s between 1 to 5 %.
- There are severe hemophilia is indicating by a blood clotting factor in the plasma membrane of less then 1 %.
Treatment of hemophilia :-
- Replacement of clotting factor to particular factor it’s also known as replacement therapy.
- Desmopressin is type of therapy that used in treatment of this disorder.
- In desmopressin hormone can stimulate human body to release more clotting factor.
- There are different therapies are also used in the treatment of this disorder such as.
- Clot preserving medication therapy.
- Fibrin sealants therapy.
- Physical therapy.
- Vaccination is also used in the treatment of this disorder.